“If you are looking for this type of mortgage product we could help you!”
The Help to Buy Equity Loan
This is designed to help first time buyers get on the property ladder and to purchase a new build home. The following rules apply for you to be eligible;
- It must be a New Build property
- A maximum purchase of £600,000 in England and £300,000 in Wales will apply
- This must be the only property that you own
- The property cannot be rented out or sub-let after you purchase the property
Other Mortgage Products
The overall cost for comparison is 5% APR. The actual rate available will depend on your circumstances. Ask for a personalised illustration.
How it Works
- You need a 5% deposit
- The Government will lend you up to 20% ( up to 40% in London ) on a low interest loan towards your deposit. This is called an equity loan.
- You need a mortgage of up to 75% for the rest (up to 55% in London)
- You must purchase the property from a registered Help To Buy Builder – your Help to Buy agent should have a list.
- You will have to pay equity loan fees, but not for the first 5 years
- You must repay the loan after 25 years
- You can repay part of the loan, at any time, with a minimum lump sum of 10% of the loan
- Some of our lenders will accept historical bad credit